The Carillon - ONLINE EDITION
By: Grant Burr
Posted: 01/15/2019 9:15 AM
Hanover School Division said in a release on Tuesday, shortly before 11 a.m., that a bomb threat received at Clearspring Middle School earlier in the morning has been identified as a prank by RCMP.
The division said in the release that a suspect has now been identified.
The school was evacuated after a threat was received at approximately 8:30 a.m. in a voice mail received at the school. The message indicated the threat would be carried out at noon.
Students were held on school buses until arrangements were made after 10 a.m. for parents to pick up their children at St Paul's Lutheran Church at 465 Henry Street.
Police have now said that the school has been deemed safe and clearance has been given for students to return. Students will be transported back to CMS, where school will be in session for the afternoon.
The division said parents may bring students back to school if they wish.
Update 10:10 a.m.: Adds information about pick up details. Update 11:10 a.m.: Adds details about suspect and information about the resumption of classes.
The Carillon on Facebook
Ads by Google