The Carillon - ONLINE EDITION
By: Grant Burr
Posted: 01/8/2019 3:45 PM
A small fire at an Ellice Avenue residence on Tuesday afternoon had Steinbach fire chief Kel Toews imparting an important lesson as a result.
Toews said firefighters were called to a possible structure fire at the home and when they arrived they encountered thick, black smoke inside.
A fire was found to have started in a dryer located in the basement.
Toews said the fire was contained to the dryer and crews were able to completely extinguish it. Though smoke did fill the home, Toews indicated no significant smoke damage was caused and the house remains liveable. One family member was home at the time.
"It appears to have started in the lint trap. So again I’d like to remind everyone that before or after every load, empty your lint trap and make sure it’s clean," Toews said.
Flooding on the Red River this spring is now expected to be higher than 2009 with normal or average weather conditions, according to the latest update from province’s hydrologic forecast centre.
The new forecast is the result of heavy snowfalls in ...
Seine River School Division administrators were tasked Tuesday with reviewing schoolyard play structures throughout the division to determine whether accessibility upgrades are needed.
Trustee Jessie Cahill broached the issue after noticing the pea gravel surrounding some outdoor play structures prevents students ...
The Carillon on Facebook
Ads by Google