The Carillon - ONLINE EDITION
By: Geralyn Wichers
Posted: 06/29/2018 10:15 AM
A Steinbach house suffered smoke and water damage after a fire on Friday morning.
Fire crews responded to a house on First Street just before 8 a.m. Light smoke was coming from the roof, said Steinbach fire chief Kel Toews.
The family was already outside.
"Being an attic fire, we’ve got to pour a lot of water into the attic," Toews said.
A neighbor told The Carillon he saw a lighting strike Friday morning.
"We saw a bright flash right aways, about 6:53 in the morning," said Aaron Fehr, who lives across the street. "Then a second after that it started thundering."
Toews said the fire started around the chimney, but could not confirm the cause of the blaze. The Office of the Fire Commissioner will investigate.
The debate over whether Steinbach should allow Sunday shopping may continue, but the question of whether a referendum question be added to the Oct. 24 municipal election ballot was answered definitively on Tuesday night.
Council received a petition with 503 names ...
A Mitchell man has been arrested after an indecent exposure incident was reported to police late last week.
Police said last Thursday at about 4:40 p.m. a report was received a man had exposed himself to a group of children.
Tylor Alexander ...
The Carillon on Facebook
Ads by Google