Sunny

Steinbach, MB

9°c Sunny

Full Forecast

Local

The Carillon - ONLINE EDITION

Teen avoids charges after school threat

By: Grant Burr

Posted: 03/1/2018 8:15 AM

  • Print

Advertisement

A Niverville Collegiate student who posted an image of a gun on Instagram, along with a threatening message towards his school, will not face criminal charges for his actions.

A RCMP spokesperson told The Carillon that no charges will be laid in the matter and the investigation has been closed.

The student's online post sparked alarm and frustration last Wednesday, as parents worried about the safety of their children at the school.

Hanover School Division has said it will be updating its communications procedures to ensure parents receive more timely information in the future, should a similar incident occur.

Superintendent Randy Dueck told parents at a meeting last Thursday that no decision would be made on whether the youth will return to the school until after a risk assessment is completed and HSD trustees review the matter.

More Local News

  • Tony and Rob Fast show off a large RCA radio transmitter housed in the rear compartment of their 1942 utility truck.

    Brothers restore vehicles, memories

    09/17/2018 10:30 AM
  • Man exposes himself to children in Mitchell

    09/17/2018 8:30 AM

    A Mitchell man has been arrested after an indecent exposure incident was reported to police late last week.

    Police said last Thursday at about 4:40 p.m. a report was received a man had exposed himself to a group of children.

    Tylor Alexander ...

  • An AMBER alert has been issued after the abduction of 6-year-old Emma O’Keeffe in North Battleford, Saskatchewan.

    AMBER alert issued for abducted child

    09/17/2018 8:20 AM

Ads by Google

Electronic Copies

The Carillon single copy cover

Annual Subscription

Back issues available with an e-subscription

Subscribe to single copy
$1.50 each (includes tax)

September 6, 2018 copy now available

Read this week’s classifieds